Saturday, October 8, 2011

Taking Comfort in a Father's Words by Donna Bean

They say history repeats itself. On July 13, 2011 it did for my mom and I. We found ourselves spending the night in the same 7th floor ICU waiting room of United Regional Hospital in Wichita Falls that we had spent the night in on July 13, 2007. The results were different, as my Dad didn't pull through this time. They say time heals all wounds. Right now, I'm not sure of that. I'm a scrapbooker, but have never considered myself much of a writer. But my Dad was. He wrote police & army reports & manuals, a book about horses back in the 60's, short stories & poems AND he blogged. Right now, I find great comfort in his blogs, all 3 of them! He will live on in the hearts of his family and friends as we continue to read and update them. As one of my friends put it, Dad was an entertainer. He sang, played guitar & told stories. Most of the stories on his blogs seem like tall tales, but all are very true! He lived a colorful life and the blogs prove that. Thanks Daddy for sharing your stories with the world! I love you!
To read some of his stories, go to:
www.wassonslookingback.blogspot.com, www.bowietexasareamusic.blogspot.com or www.talesapd.blogspot.com


Donna Bean
Classified Department
Wise County Messenger

(This was published in the Wise County Messenger newspaper in July 2011.)

1 comment:

  1. our free SPREAD THE WORD TALK WITH THE LORD program inspires daily talks catch they need your help with first question our blogs help g hubbard po box 2232 ponte vedra fl 32004 http://talkwiththelord,blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete